ESTA USA: An Overview
Often referred to as ESTA USA visa, the Electronic System For Travel Authorization is actually not a visa, it is an online program for authorizing travelers who are residents of the countries that are covered and approved under Visa Waiver Program to visit the United States. It is mandatory for all the travelers visiting the US to a kind of travel permit like visa or an ESTA online authorization.
This is why, the ESTA Authorization is preferred for visits of up to 90 days or less made either by sea or air irrespective of the purpose that could be business,leisure or medical. Without a valid travel permit, one will be denied to board the plane and to enter the USA. You can apply for an ESTA Visa only if you have a legal nationality from countries listed under the Visa Waiver Program.
If you are planning to travel under ESTA program it is recommended to apply at least a month prior your travel in order to have time to apply for a regular USA Visa in case the ESTA authorization being denied.
Steps to Apply for ESTA USA Visa
Filling the form
The first step is to fill the ESTA application form for every person who needs to travel.
The filled in data for each traveler needs to be confirmed.
You can pay by credit card or debit card.
Once all steps are completed, your ESTA authorization will be mailed to you.
ESTA USA Visa Waiver: Getting Started
The ESTA program is run by the US Custom and borders protection agency for the purpose of security and safety of the country There is an approved list of countries under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Travelers from such countries willing to visit the US for various reasons for 90 days or less than 90 days require ESTA approval. To add your family, partner and/or friends, you are required to complete a separate ESTA application. Once your form is filled with valid data, there is an option to add other travelers.
- ESTA form can be submitted only online.
- The process is mandatory.
- It is valid for two years or until the expiry of the applicant’s passport when the expiry date falls earlier than the two years
- It can take less than 5 minutes to fill the ESTA form.
- The approval rate of the application is 99%.
- As the ESTA allows you to stay up to 90 days, your departure will not be affected if your ESTA expires in the US.
- We recommend you to apply for your ESTA as early as possible.
- We will refund you 100% in the case of ESTA USA denial.
Who is eligible for ESTA?
Given below is the list of countries that are covered under ESTA. So, if you have the citizenship of any of these countries, you are eligible to visit the US by applying online for an ESTA. Remember that ESTA will only make you eligible to board the flight or ship to the U.S. but the final decision about immigration is in the hands of the immigration officer at the point of entry, and he/she can deny or approve your entry.
ESTA: How does it work?
You are required to complete the following steps to submit your ESTA form online.
- Fill your ESTA form carefully.
- Ensure that the data for each person is correct.
- Submit the applications.
- Make the payment.
Once the process is complete, the application status will be sent directly on your specified e-mail. This happens after the decision of the U.S. custom and border protection (CBU). It will not take more than 20 minutes to fill and complete your form. However, in case you face any problem and require assistance, multi-lingual support via our contact form is also available.
Know About ESTA Processing
- The approved ESTA authorizations are sent through email.
- It takes between 30 minutes and 36 hours after submitting your ESTA form to receive the email.
- The ESTA is valid for either 2 years or until your passport expires.
- A reminder is sent before the expiry of your ESTA.
When you submit ESTA forums, you are eligible for the following services:
- Data review
- Data verification
- Instant ESTA processing
- Instant ESTA status update
- Real-time notifications via email
- 24/7 customers service team
- In case you lose your ESTA number your data is kept on record for 2 years.
ESTA: Applying for Travel Authorization
ESTA or Electronic System For Travel Authorization is a program introduced by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This electronic method is required by international travelers who are travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. It has been established as a substitute for the regular tourist visa. As travelling to the U.S. requires a form of authorization to enter the country, the ESTA travel permit comes as an easier and affordable solution. It has also been introduced to enhance the homeland security of USA.