What requirements make the country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program?
The country is eligible for the Visa Waiver Program should fill the following requirements:
- It should be considered a sovereign state.
- It should have a high human development index.
- It should share the security data with the US.
- It should have a high-income economy.
- It should face a very low level of passport fraud.
- It should use strict requirements by using biometric electronic passports.
- It should have a low number of immigration law violators.
- It should have low-immigrant visa denial rate.
- It should have established effective credible counterterrorism and law enforcement policies and border control.
- It should also have other security-focused organisations that are focused to reduce domestic crime and terrorism.
What is the protocol to be followed by the citizens of VWP countries when visiting the U.S.?
- They must have approved ESTA.
- They should visit the US only for a short-term purpose.
- They must provide the right information.
- They must not violate any laws of the US else they will have to face legal issues.